Sunday, September 11, 2011

End of Summer

Yesterday, we had a hail storm in Southern California and then it turned into a beautiful day. Summer has officially ended in my book. Here are a few of our end of summer activities. Livy making a mess in her favorite place to play. She sits in the bottle drawer and throws all the bottles and aprons out.

No more sleeping in with these two. Ellis would wake up and bring his blanket and crawl into our bed. That has stopped now that school has started and its time to wake up a little earlier.



Exercising with Daddy and TT. He follows Blake outside and tries to do pull-ups and lift the kettle bells. He wants to help Daddy with everything (including moving furniture and fixing anything).


No more Seaworld.......He's screaming as Tiff is trying to help him touch the starfish. End of summer is always hard for me. It's a magical time for our family, when life is a little simpler, my to-do-list is a million times shorter and usually involves kid activities. Fall marks the start of work again and I hate the first month back. After I'm in the swing of things, it's fine but summer is just a blissful time. But end of summer means the holidays are around the corner and new memories are made. These babies are growing up too fast and little Livy is almost one. Why can't Mothers just freeze time.......

1 comment:

  1. With all the hard work you and Blake do during the year, I don't blame you for wanting to freeze time and bask in the summer mellowness. I'm glad it was a good one, and I hope this school year is nice to you. You are one of the strongest, most capable mothers I know- You guys are both amazing, seriously. You can do ANYTHING and somehow make it look easy.

    ReplyDelete