Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Ambitions

Blake is off at the movies. Both babies are asleep in their beds. I'm left with my to do list which seems never ending. Today was my last day of work and now I'm on summer break (minus chaperoning Disneyland, Washington DC next week and promotion on Friday). Every summer I am surprised how fast it goes, but the past two I have been pregnant and that always eats up your energy. I'm looking forward to lazy days, running when I feel like it and not at 5am or 5pm, and laughing with Livy & E.
So here's my ten things to cross off my to do list this summer :

1) Start and almost finish Livy's first year scrapbook.
2) Make Livy's "Olivia" sign for her room.
3) Clean out and organize my recipes.
4) Relax at my favorite place on earth with some of my favorite people on earth.
Yellowstone is summer to me. And so is this girl.
This was four summers ago which for me was pre-Blake and babies......WOW (a lot has changed)

5) Throw E a birthday party. We want to start the tradition of having a "friends" birthday party every even year. That means E gets one this year even though he doesn't really know who his friends are yet. Since I never posted any pictures of his first birthday, here are a few.

Family shot with Livy in my tummy. The cake that made me realize that I have no talent at cake decorating.


6) Spend time with two new nephews making their appearance any day now and in about a month.

7) Plan a BIG vacation (international) before I get pregnant again. I am living on borrowed time people. Most likely Greece.

8) Beach trips, hiking trips, park trips, swimming, play dates and laughing with my babies.

9)Set budget goals and live by them. (Possibly cash only. Anyone tried this and have any helpful tips?)
10)A weekend away with my Husband because as he puts it, "I like vacation Melissa so much more than regular Melissa." Duh....no stress!


Ahhhhh Summer. sigh. so hopeful. always too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment